Sunday, August 01, 2004

My Thoughts on the World and Bush

Nothing earth moving here....Just listening to some good music. I am also sitting here contemplating the future of our country. Well, maybe that is something important. Before the last presidential election I was terrified that something really bad would happen if "Bush" was elected. Well, I was right. The world was against us before the election and now they hate us. The world view that Bush proposes is solitary, insular, egotistical and could lead to dire consequences. Those that oppose our countries involvement in the world hate us because they THINK that our world view is solitary, insular and egotistical. Clinton had it right....The more inclusive we are (actually, not just world politics, but at home as well), the better off we are when we need to confront the divisive elements operating in the world.


"We must make a world with more friends and fewer enemies – with more partners and fewer terrorists" - William J. Clinton, Yale University 2003


Who knows, maybe I will be wrong, but it will only be with the benefit of retrospective analysis. That is the essence of my disagreement with Bush and way he has run our country. I hope not to include too much politics in my posts because guess what....It can be divisive! ha ha :) ha ha





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ashley Sloan,
Just a quick note from your brother. Never EVER quote the governor of CA again. EVER!!! By the way, I'm glad I checked in on the blog, at least one Southernor got it right.
Daniel